- We encourage parents to attend one of our Open Houses or to tour the school either before or during the application process. To schedule a visit, please call Chithalina Coleman on our Admissions team, at 202.722.5555 (ext. 2422) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here to complete and submit an online application and supporting materials.
- After the application and supporting materials have been received, they are reviewed by the Admissions Committee to determine whether Kingsbury Center's program is appropriate to support the educational needs of the applicant.
- If the Admissions Committee feels that Kingsbury may be an appropriate match for the educational needs of the applicant, a visit will be scheduled. Depending on the age of the child, visits range from one to two days. Our youngest applicants come to a two-hour "play-date."
- After the visit, the Admissions Committee meets; reviews the application; gathers teacher’s, counselor’s and program director’s observations; and makes a decision on acceptance of the student.
- Occasionally, it is necessary to gather more information or to invite the student back for an additional visit before a conclusion of admission can be reached.
- Kingsbury is commited to Equal Opportunity and Diversity.
"In public school, our son fell behind as early as 2nd grade and some of his teachers gave up on him completely. We moved him to Kingsbury in the 4th grade, where his teachers began to bring him back from the brink of learning despair, supported and encouraged by all of the magnificent administrators and specialists at Kingsbury Center."
Parent of a 2013 Kingsbury Graduate