- Q. How do I submit an application for my child to attend Kingsbury Center?
- Q. When is the application deadline?
- Q. When will I be notified of the admissions decision?
- Q. Do you have a meal program?
- Q. Is there a school uniform?
- Q. What are the hours of the school day?
- Q. Do you offer before school and after school care?
- Q. How are classroom placements decided?
- Q. How are therapeutic services integrated into the classroom?
- Q. What opportunities are available for parents to be involved in their child's school experience?
A. Lower School (Pre-K through Grade 5) starts at 8:00 a.m. and dismisses at 3:15 p.m., with an early dismissal (12:15 p.m.) each Wednesday.
Middle School (Grades 6-8) classes start at 8:00 a.m. and students are dismissed at 3:15 p.m., with an early dismissal (12:15 p.m.) each Wednesday.
Upper School (Grades 9-12) classes start at 8:00 a.m. and students are dismissed at 3:15 p.m., with an early dismissal (12:15 p.m.) each Wednesday.
A. Our therapeutic service providers vary their delivery methods based on the student’s needs, the skills they are working on and the classroom environment. A speech and language pathologist might choose to schedule her session with a child during recess if they are working on social pragmatic language skills. An occupational therapist may schedule her session with a student during art if the student is working on fine motor objectives. Our therapists are very flexible in accommodating the needs of their students.
The cost of Kingsbury's Therapeutic Services is not included in tuition. For additional information about Kingsbury Center Services, please call 202.722.5555.
A. The Parent Teacher Association, which organizes numerous activities yearly, is always happy to have new members. Kingsbury also host special events to which parents are invited to attend. These include our Grandparents' and Special Friends' Day, the Annual Art Salon, our Middle School Math Fair and others. We feel that communication is an integral part of a successful school experience. In addition to twice yearly Parent-Teacher Conferences, we encourage parents to communicate with teachers frequently, via phone or email. Also, parents are always welcome to request a meeting with their child’s team members.
For additional information, please call Chithalina Coleman, M.Ed., Director of Admissions, at 202.722.5555, ext. 2422.