Health and Wellness
Kingsbury Center Health & Wellness
The role of the School Nurse is to help identify, care for and prevent any health-related barriers to learning. Working together, we can ensure we have healthy students present in school, in their seats and ready to learn!
Identification of Health Care Needs
The following forms help identify your child’s health care needs/abilities and are required ANNUALLY and upon enrollment by the District of Columbia and Kingsbury:
• District of Columbia Universal Health Certificate & Record of Immunizations
• Universal Health Certificate Instructions
• Immunization Flyer
• District of Columbia Oral Health Form
The following forms are to be submitted as needed:
• Asthma Action Plan
• Anaphylaxis Action Plan
If there is a need for your child to receive medication (either prescribed or over-the-counter) during the school day, please review and complete the following, as needed:
• Authorization for Release of Health Information
• Authorization for Medical Treatment
• Kingsbury Field Trip Medication Administration Form
Other means of identifying student needs are collaboration and consultation with your child’s educational team and participation in IEP meetings as needed. The nurse also monitors attendance and can be a resource for access to health care in the District.
Click HERE to review The Kingsbury Day School's Local Wellness Policy.